Immigration Support for Non-EEA Mini Pupils

The Bar Council operates as a Licensed Sponsor on behalf of UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) and is therefore able to provide Tier 5 visas to non-EEA nationals who are undertaking an unfunded pupillage but do not wish to practise as a barrister in the UK thereafter, or who have been offered a short-term placement in a barristers’ chambers as a mini pupil.

User information for non-EEA mini pupils

The Bar Council is an accredited Tier 5 Sponsor and is therefore able to provide Certificates of Sponsorship to non-EEA nationals who have secured short-term positions as unfunded pupil barristers or mini pupils in chambers. The Certificate of Sponsorship can be used by the individual to apply to UKVI for Tier 5 visa.  

Find out more

To find out more about the Bar Council Immigration Support Service, please email or call +44 (0)207 611 1321.