Immigration support

The Bar Council operates as a Licensed Sponsor on behalf of UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) and is therefore able to provide visas for mini pupils, pupil barristers and tenants working in chambers in England and Wales, enabling suitably qualified non-European Economic Area (non-EEA) nationals who meet the qualifying criteria to train and practise at the Bar.

Available Visas

Find out more

In addition to consulting UKVI’s Guidance for Sponsors, chambers seeking to offer a tenancy or funded pupillage to a non-EEA national are encouraged to contact the Bar Council in order to gain a full understanding of the adaptions we have made, as a specialist Licensed Sponsor, to the Tier 2 terms of reference.

To find out more about the Bar Council Immigration Support Service, please email or call +44 (0)207 611 1321.